We are pleased to announce that our books are now open again for enrolments. Unfortunately this does not include Dr Chamberlain’s books which are currently over subscribed.
If you wish in future to enrol with us at West End Medical Centre to use us as your regular and ongoing general practice provider or provider of First Level services, please request an enrolment form at our reception desk. Please note, you will not be able to make an appointment the same day you enrol. We require the transfer of your patient notes from your previous practice before making your first appointment. This may take several days.
We then check each new application to ensure you meet our enrolment criteria before we can complete your request.
Please note, in order to complete your enrolment, you need to provide:
- Proof of eligibility, such as passport and proof of address – photocopies are not accepted, originals are required
- The name of your previous medical centre – to transfer over your notes
Upon completion of your enrolment, you first appointment at Westend Medical Centre will be 30 minutes long and charged at $55. Your doctor will go through your medical history with you and update your records. Consultations after enrolment will be charged $18, unless time limits are exceeded.
Proof of eligibility
To complete your enrolment, you will need to provide originals of your eligibility proofs. We are unable to work on your enrolment with photocopies. In most cases, proof of eligibility will be one of the documents below:
- Passport (NZ, or if from overseas with current visa)
- Proof of address e.g. electric or telephone bill with your name and address on it
- NZ certificate of identity
- NZ birth certificate
- Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau birth certificate
- NZ certificate of citizenship
- Descent registration certificate
- Social security benefit papers (except emergency benefit) and two forms of supporting identity information, one with a photo (unless a passport is provided)
Enrolment criteria for publicly funded health and disability services giving entitlement to enrol in a PHO
To be eligible to enrol at Westend Medical, you need to be residing in New Zealand and meet one of the following other criteria:
- Be a New Zealand citizen
- Hold a resident visa or a permanent resident visa (or a residence permit if issued before December 2010)
- Be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident AND have been in New Zealand or intend to stay in New Zealand for at least 2 consecutive years
- Have a work visa/permit and are able to show that you are able to be in New Zealand for at least 2 years (previous permits included)
- Are an interim visa holder who was eligible immediately before your interim visa started
- Are a refugee or protected person OR are in the process of applying for, or appealing refugee or protection status, OR are a victim or suspected victim of people trafficking
- Are under 18 years and in the care and control of a parent/legal guardian/adopting parent who meets one criterion in clauses 1-6 above
- Are a NZ Aid Programme student studying in New Zealand and receiving Official Development Assistance funding (or their partner or child under 18 years old)
- Are participating in the Ministry of Education Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship scheme
- Are a Commonwealth Scholarship holder studying in New Zealand and receiving funding from a New Zealand university under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Fund
For more detailed information please ask our friendly staff at the front desk or follow this link: http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealand-health-system/eligibility-publicly-funded-health-services/resources-service-providers-check-eligibility/eligibility-enrol-primary-health-organisation